- Department of Urology at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitals offers comprehensive state-of-the-art medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and pediatric urology. Our team of highly experienced surgeons is supported by the most advanced medical equipment, including computer navigation and imaging equipment.
- The hospital offers full-fledged urology and andrology services. The areas of expertise include renal transplantation, uro-oncology (for urological cancers), reconstructive urology, endo-urology for stone diseases (including flexible ureteroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy and laparoscopic nephrectomy), neuro-urology with urodynamic facility, andrology for treatment of male infertility and erectile dysfunction (including prosthetic surgery), female urology and pediatric urology.
The reconstructive urology team at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitalsoffers highly specialized; tertiary service for various conditions such as urethral strictures, post prostatectomy and post radiotherapy complications, as well as congenital urological abnormalities, such as exstrophy, external trauma and incontinence.
Endo-urology deals with the closed manipulation of the urinary tract — surgery is performed through a telescope and does not involve open procedures. An endo-urology procedure is performed using small cameras and instruments, which are inserted into the urinary tract. All aspects of endo-urology, including treatment of prostate (transurethral resection of the prostate — TURP), bladder cancers (TURBT), urethral strictures, kidney and ureteric stones (percutaneous nephrolithotomy — and uteroscopic lithotripsy — URSL) are available at CARE Hospitals. Intracorporeal lithotripsy (breaking of stones using endoscopes) by using pneumatic lithotripsy is also performed. Most of the urinary tract can be reached via the urethra, enabling prostate surgery, surgery of tumors of the urothelium, stone surgery and simple urethral and ureteral procedures.
Many neurological conditions can cause problems involving the bladder and the bowels. Neurological conditions can also affect the sexual functions. The Institute of Urology at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitalsadopts a multidisciplinary approach in helping people with such difficulties. The institute is led by specialists in clinical neurology of the bladder and sexual dysfunction to treat patients with voiding problems due to neurological diseases and related urinary symptoms.
Andrology is a medical specialty dealing with problems of the male reproductive system and urological problems that are unique to men. Ramkrishna CARE Hospitalsadopts a multidisciplinary approach to patient care for the diagnosis and treatment of erectile dysfunction, hypogonadism, micro penis and infertility, with state–of-the-art procedures for penile prosthesis, penile lengthening, penile revascularization, varicocelectomy, transurethral resection of ejaculatory duct (tured) and vasovasostomy for obstructive azoospermia.
The Institute of Urology at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitalstreats female urology, which is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract disorders prevalent in females. These include urinary incontinence and pelvic floor prolapse, voiding dysfunction, recurrent urinary tract infection, urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis.
The Pediatric Urology Service at Ramkrishna CARE Hospitalsaddresses congenital abnormalities of the genitourinary system in children. Reconstructive surgery for hypospadias, cryptorchidism, and other genital abnormalities is usually performed as an ambulatory surgery or on a short-stay basis. The management spectrum also includes obstructive uropathy, non-obstructive uropathy and urinary tract infections.
CARE Hospitals’ renal transplant program is one of biggest in India. The Institute of Urology also performs minimally invasive surgery for renal donors, thereby minimizing post-operative recovery time and hospitalization. The division also analyzes and addresses the health needs of the transplant patient and his or her family. State-of-the-art procedures for kidney transplantation include:
- Cadaveric renal transplantation
- Cadaver-donor kidney transplantation
- Living donor kidney transplants (from both related and unrelated donors)